Why Consult with a Biostatistician?
Meeting during the design phase of your project is strongly recommended to:
• Refine research question(s)
• Optimize the study design and outcomes for the question(s) being asked
• Identify validated outcome instruments, or plan instrument development and validation
• Ensure the planned data collection is amenable to analysis
• Identify the number of patients/samples needed
In addition to performing statistical analyses, the biostatistician will aid in:
• Tabular and visual presentation of results for abstracts/manuscripts/presentations
• Drafting statistical methods sections and power/sample size statements
• Refining results sections to ensure proper formatting of descriptive statistics, p-values, etc.
Funding agencies and peer reviewers are increasingly scrutinizing statistical methods, and many now require or strongly prefer to see a statistician collaborator or co-investigator included on submissions.
To Initiate a New Project with Biostatistics
To initiate a new project with us, please complete the following intake form:
Plesase contact us for general questions, requests, or other information:
MEET THE BIOSTATS TEAM
Jayme Koltsov, PhD
Andrea Finlay, PhD